Casa Isabel, GaliciaMuros | Ref: GMUR1 | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Beautifully restored stone cottage in traditional seaside town and fishing port with impressive views of the Ria de Muros.
Opposite a Romanesque chapel, with a front and rear garden, it has recently been beautifully restored and renovated to create a very comfortable holiday home. Tastefully and attractively decorated and furnished in designer style, it is spacious and uncluttered, yet warm and homely.
The caring owners, who speak English, maintain this very well and thoughtfully equipped property to a high standard and ensure you have everything that you need.
It's just a ten minute walk down (much more coming up) to the town square where you'll find a tempting selection of bars and restaurants and its beach. Nearby there is a great choice of other fantastic sandy beaches, you could not be better placed for a traditional seaside holiday.
There is something for everyone here: a small children's playground in the immediate vicinity, walks and cycling routes directly from the house and day-trips out to Galicia's historical cities.
The house has WIFI.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens into small, enclosed front garden and steps and larger gate to the garage.
From the garden, the front door opens into an open plan sitting room with a fireplace and window with views onto the back garden.
Through a stone archway to a spacious, open plan living room with a dining area and a sitting area and a large window with sea views.
Off the sitting room, there is a double bedroom with a window looking onto the back garden, a bathroom and a kitchen.
Down stairs from the sitting room to french doors leading to the fully enclosed back garden with sea views.
Down further stairs to the garage where the washing machine is housed.
Up wooden stairs from the sitting room to the landing to three bedrooms (one double and two twins) and bathroom.
Licence No: VUT-CO-3862
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble (150 cms) (grd. flr.), 1 dble (150 cms), 1 twin (80 cms), 1 twin (90 cms) (first flr.).|
|Bathrooms:||2; (1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin (grd. flr.) Bath/shwr, W.C., bidet and two wasbasins. (first flr.))|
|Nearest Shop:||In town - 1 km|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In town - 1 km|
|Nearest Airport:||Santiago (76km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (551km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August; Easter||£2000|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1600|
10% discount for rentals of 14 nights or more
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
With well preserved Gothic- arched arcaded streets, glazed balconies, a fine town hall and market building, a fountain with a stone turtle and several interesting churches, it is a delight to wander around. Though with its fair share of tourism, it is still a real working port and retains a true maritime feel, especially when the catch comes in in the evenings.
Declared a Historic-Artistic monument, it remains nicely old fashioned, with a good selection of shops, a twice weekly market and plenty of bars and restaurants serving delicious local fish and seafood.
Just up the coast are some of Galicia's most stunning, unspoilt beaches, including the seven kilometre long, Playa de Carnota and the amazing Monte Louro and its lagoon, rich in flora and fauna. Going south, the Barbanza peninsula with the interesting town of Noia and the iron age settlement, Castro de Barona, offers yet more wonderful sandy beaches and picturesque fishing ports.
- Beautiful beaches nearby - Praias de Castelo, Louro, San Francisco, Area Maior, Ancoradoiro, Carnota...
- Walking and cycling in the hills near the house. Don't miss the walk out to the lighthouse at Louro and the one round La Laguna de Xalfas there.
- Windsurfing at Praias de Louro and Area Maior.
- Get to know the delightful old town and port of Muros.
- Watch the catch come in and buy the freshest fish at "la lonja" in the port.
- Take a boat trip from Muros around the Ria de Muros and Noia.
- Drive down the coast to the interesting old town of Noia with its wonderful covered market and fascinating churches.
- Visit the horreo (grainstore) at Carnota - the longest in the world!
- Discover the iron age settlement of "Castro de Barona" on the Barbanza Peninsula, south of Noia.
- Visit Cabo Finisterra and its lighthouse "the end of the world" - the westernmost point of continental Europe.
- Go to Ezaró and Monte Pindo "the Celtic Olympus" with huge granite boulders with mysterious engravings and ruins of ancient shrines and dramatic waterfalls which are illuminated on Saturday nights in the summer.
- Take day trips to the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Pontevedra and Vigo.
- Feast on fish and seafood at affordable prices at the local, family run restaurants.
Holiday Ideas near Muros
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.