Casa Fernando, GaliciaA Bragana | Ref: GBRA1 | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Delightful, traditional, restored country house with salt water swimming pool near historic spa towns, not far from coast.
Meticulously and lovingly restored and renovated, attractively presented and very well looked after, it is cosy and comfy, blending tradition with modern innovations.
Tastefully decorated and furnished in rustic style, there are interesting agricultural artefacts both in the interior and exterior, adding a true sense of the past.
The addition of the annex with its own kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms, makes it an ideal choice for two families who wish to holiday together, but also to have their own space.
In lovely, wooded countryside with wonderful walks with waterfalls, it is the perfect spot to relax and unwind. The historical cities of Santiago and Pontevedra are just half an hour away and the river beach on the Rio Ulla fifteen kilometres. A little further you'll find the fantastic beaches of the Rias Baixas.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens into fully enclosed grounds. Large paved patio and porch at the front of the house. From the patio, the front door opens into the hall. At the far end of the hall there is a door onto the big, paved patio at the back of the house and gate with access for cars.
From one side of the hall to the fully fitted kitchen/diner and door to the back terrace with comfortable garden furniture. From the other side of the hall to the sitting room with an open fireplace and stairs up to the first floor and landing.
Off landing to three bedrooms (one double, one double and one with bunk beds) and bathroom.
From the patio at the front of the house, up steps to the garden and paved path to fixed BBQ and porch with fixed stone table and benches and annex. Main door to annex opens into a second, fully fitted kitchen with a traditional Galician lar (large fireplace) and BBQ and huge dining table and benches.
From kitchen to two bedrooms (one double and one double) and bathroom. Door to upper garden and 7m x 3.50m swimming pool.
The house has Wi-Fi.
Licence no: VT. PO 05
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble,1 dble, 1 bunk bed (first flr. of main house). 1 dble, 1 dble. (annex).|
|Bathrooms:||2; (1 shwr. unit, W.C., washbasin and bidet. (first flr. in main house). 1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin. (on ground floor in annex).)|
|Nearest Shop:||4 km - Cuntis|
|Nearest Airport:||Santiago (43km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (520km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August; Easter||£1890|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1790|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Cuntis from the archaeological site of Castrolandin
Although you might feel away from it all, everything is within relatively easy reach.
Cuntis, a short drive or a longer walk, with one of the best spas in Galicia, has bars, restaurants, small shops and supermarkets amongst other facilities. Nearby, Caldas de Reis, another historical spa town with a beautiful botanical garden with centenary oak trees, has more facilities.
The river Ulla and its fluvial beach and opportunities for canoeing and rafting, is just fifteen kilometres away, and the fantastic beaches of the Rias Baixas a little bit further.
The fascinating, historical cities of Santiago de Compostela and Pontevedra are just a thirty minute drive and Vigo and the ferry to the wonderful Islas Cies under an hour.
- Fabulous beaches of the Rias Baixas. The nearest are at Vilagarcia de Arousa and Rianxo.
- Local walks. Fantastic circular walk, passing by the house, to Valga through forests taking in waterfalls and rivers.
- Horse riding.
- Treat yourself to a thermal bath at one of the nearby spas at Cuntis and Caldas de Reis.
- Visit the fantastic gardens at "Pazo de Oca" stately home near A Estrada.
- Explore the Albariño wine region with its charming "capital", Cambados.
- Fish or swim in the nearby Rio Ulla at the fluvial beach there at Vilarello (15km).
- Visit the lovely old spa towns of Cuntis and Caldas de Reis and the town and port of Rianxo, all a short drive away.
- Visit nearby Padron, home to Galicia's greatest poetess, Rosalia de Castro and Nobel prize winner, Camilo Jose Cela. Sample the famous peppers from there - carefully!
- Don't miss ancient Combarro, one of Galicia's most picturesque seaside towns.
- Be in magical Santiago de Compostela and delightful Pontevedra in half an hour.
- Walking - Monte Beiro, Monte Xiabre, Muiños de Catoira, Monte A Curota (with views to Islas Cíes)...
- Head to the dreamy fishing port of Corrubedo and its amazing sand dunes.
- Golf - there are four challenging golf courses within an hour's drive.
- Rafting, canoeing, climbing and other adventure sports.
- Enjoy the local gastronomy - fish and seafood couldn't come better!
Holiday Ideas near A Bragana
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.