Casa Vendimia, GaliciaRabadeiro, Ribadumia | Ref: GRIB1 | Bedrooms: 2 | Sleeps: 4
Stylish, detached, weatherboard house with pool in Albarino wine country.
South facing, with views onto vineyards and hills beyond, it has a fully enclosed, very well maintained garden and an inviting Nordic inspired interior. With cool, crisp lines and high ceilings and wooden floors it creates a great feeling of light and space.
Attractively and comfortably furnished and lovingly presented by its caring owners, it is very well equipped and appointed to make a relaxing and carefree holiday home.
Should you so require, the owners can organise babysitting, extra cleaning and even a cook. Just ask!
A short walk to the nearest bar/restaurant, nearby Barrantes has a couple of supermarkets and several bars and restaurants.
Delightful Cambados, capital of the Albarino area, with a fine historical centre, is just seven kilometres away and should provide all that you need.
You will find fantastic beaches on the Isla de Arosa within a short drive and for wine enthusiasts bodegas surround you in all directions.
Accommodation DescriptionFully enclosed garden all around the house with a good sized salt water swimming pool.
Outhouse beside the main house with an "outdoor" kitchen and washing machine.
Porch at the front of the house.
Front door opens off terrace and garden into open plan living room with the fitted kitchen in one corner.
Off this two bedrooms (one double and one twin), each with an ensuite bathroom.
Licence number: VT-PO-163
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble,1 twin (both with ensuite bathrooms).|
|Bathrooms:||2; (Two ensuite bathrooms: Shwr. unit, W.C., bidet and washbasin. )|
|Nearest Shop:||1.2 km in Barrantes|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In village - a short walk|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (52km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (552km)|
View Full Details
|Peak||16 Jul - 31 Aug||£1500|
|High||18 Jun - 14 Jul; 1-8 Sept||£1300|
|Mid||1-16 Jun - 9-30 Sept; Easter||£1150|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1050|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
There are no facilities here, but it is just a short walk to the nearest restaurant and bar and nearby Barrantes has several bars and restaurants and a couple of supermarkets and the special "furanchos" (privately owned homes which at certain times of the year open up as restaurants).
Bodegas are dotted all over the place, some quite humble affairs, others much more sophisticated. Many are open to visitors.
The delightful old town and port of Cambados, capital of the Albarino area, is seven kilometres away, and with a covered market and two weekly markets should provide all you need in the way of shopping.
The fish market at the busy resort of Sanxenxo is highly recommended.
- Fantastic sandy beaches on the Isla de Arosa and the famous Playa La Lanzada, provide not only swimming, but all kinds of watersports.
- Lovely riverside walks - " Las Rutas de Los Molinos" taking in ancient watermills (some now restored) in Meano and the surrounding area and "La Ruta da Pedra y da Auga".
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio, just a short drive away.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports - diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo. Buy produce to cook at home.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at nearby Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Horse riding and cycling (you can rent electric bikes, with or without a guide).
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo.
- Sample the local gastronomy at the many restaurants in the area.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo - all within easy reach.
Holiday Ideas near Rabadeiro, Ribadumia
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruņa with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.