Casa Albarino, GaliciaA Aldea Da Bouza, Ribadumia | Ref: GRIB2 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Stylish and elegant detached stone house with pool in the heart of wine growing country.
In extensive, immaculately maintained grounds (3200m2) with centenary trees and a wonderful view across fields, down to the coast, it is an extremely comfortable holiday home.
On two floors, it is very elegantly and stylishly decorated, furnished and equipped, with a great eye to detail, the caring owners have ensured that your comfort and relaxation are top priority.
The two inviting patios are ideal for soaking in the sun and for alfresco meals at different times of day and the summer house at the far end of the garden with a fixed BBQ and kitchen is ideal for family get togethers.
Should you so require, the owners can organise babysitting, extra cleaning and even a cook. Just ask!
It is a short walk to the village shop and bar and nearby Barrantes has several bars and restaurants and a couple of small supermarkets.
Delightful Cambados, capital of the Albarino area, with a fine historical centre, is just seven kilometres away and should provide all that you need.
You will find fantastic beaches on the Isla de Arosa within a short drive and for wine enthusiasts bodegas surround you in all directions.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens off lane into the grounds and front door. There is also another gate opening into the grounds for vehicles.
Front door opens into the hall with a cloakroom. Door from this to an enclosed, paved patio.
From the hall into the open plan living room and kitchen, both with doors onto the covered porch with comfy garden furniture at the front of the house and outhouse and garden, gravelled drive and pool and summer house beyond.
Off hall to two bedrooms (two twins) with ensuite bathrooms.
Up stairs from the hall to the landing and one bedroom (one double) with an ensuite bathroom.
Licence No: TR-PO-233
|Bedroom Details:||1 twin (with ensuite bathroom), 1 twin (with ensuite bathroom) (grd. flr.). 1 dble (with ensuite bathroom) (first flr).|
|Bathrooms:||4; (Cloakroom: W.C. and washbasin. Ensuite bathroom: Shower unit, W.C. and washbasin. Ensuite bathroom: Hydromassage bath/shower, W.C. and washbasin. (grd. flr.). Ensuite bathroom: Shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin. (first flr.).)|
|Nearest Shop:||3.6km - Barrantes|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (48km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (548km)|
View Full Details
|Peak||15 Jul - 31 Aug||£2250|
|High||17 Jun - 14 Jul; 1-8 Sept||£2000|
|Mid||1-16 Jun - 9-30 Sept; Easter||£1750|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1575|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
A Aldea Da Bouza, Ribadumia
A very peaceful spot, the nearest shop is 3.6 km and bar and restaurant at 2 km. The church, originally Romanesque, is worth a look.
Bodegas are dotted all over the place, some quite humble affairs, others much more sophisticated. Many are open to visitors.
Nearby Barrantes has several bars and restaurants and the special "furanchos" (privately owned homes which at certain times of the year open up as restaurants).
The delightful old town and port of Cambados, capital of the Albarino area, is seven kilometres away, and with a covered market and two weekly markets should provide all you need in the way of shopping.
The fish market at the busy resort of Sanxenxo is highly recommended.
- Fantastic sandy beaches on the Isla de Arosa and the famous Playa La Lanzada, provide not only swimming, but all kinds of watersports.
- Lovely riverside walks - " Las Rutas de Los Molinos" taking in ancient watermills (some now restored) in Meano and the surrounding area and "La Ruta da Pedra y da Auga".
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio, just a short drive away.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports - diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo. Buy produce to cook at home.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at nearby Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Horse riding and cycling (you can rent electric bikes, with or without a guide).
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo.
- Sample the local gastronomy at the many restaurants in the area.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo - all within easy reach.
Holiday Ideas near A Aldea Da Bouza, Ribadumia
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruņa with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao 7 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.