Casa Morrazo, GaliciaVino | Ref: GVIN2 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Stylish, detached, modern house with pool near three superb beaches.
On the road, leading to the beaches, in the pretty little, friendly, coastal village of Vino with a special micro climate (even mangoes grow here!), this very well appointed, equipped and presented house has under floor heating, a central vacuum cleaning system and wifi.
Comfortably and attractively furnished and decorated with very interesting paintings by the owner's wife, Mila, a well known Galician artist, its star point maybe the spectacular view from the upper balcony looking onto the Ria de Vigo and the Islas Cies beyond.
Perhaps more importantly are the care and thought that the owners have dedicated to the house, including providing children's toys and a tempting welcome pack with local products and their intimate knowledge of the area which they will share with you.
Though Vino has no shops, nearby Hio and Aldan, do, and the beaches have beach bars serving food. Good local restaurants, including an excellent fish restaurant, Cabo Home, at Donon, are within an easy drive.
The fishing ports and seaside towns of Cangas and Bueu, just over fifteen minutes in the car, have most facilities, including ferries to the Islas Cies and Islas Ons.
Day trips to the fascinating, ancient cities of Vigo, Pontevedra and Santiago are easy. You are perfectly placed!
Accommodation DescriptionFront gates open into the parking area, garden and pool and paved terrace.
Front door opens from terrace into large open plan sitting room with a wood burning stove and doors onto the terrace, garden and pool.
Door from sitting room to fully fitted kitchen/diner with door onto the terrace.
Stairs from sitting room to basement and utility room.
Stairs from sitting room to first floor and landing. Off landing to three bedrooms (one double with ensuite bathroom and balcony and two twins) and bathroom.
Licence No: VT PO12
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 twin, 1 twin. (first flr.).|
|Bathrooms:||3; (1 bath/shwr, W.C., bidet and washbasin. (grd. flr). 1 shwr unit, W.C. and washbasin. Ensuite bathroom: 1shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin. (first flr.).)|
|Nearest Shop:||2.6 km - Hio|
|Bars/Restaurants:||500m - Playa Barra - beach bar serving food.|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (37km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (593km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August||£2250|
|Mid||June & September||£1460|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1000|
Special rate applies at Easter & Chritsmas
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Nearby pine woods and coast
In the most beautiful and unspoilt area of this coastal region of the Peninsual de Morrazo with fantastic views of the Ria de Vigo and the wonderful Islas Cies beyond from its three magical, sandy beaches - Praia de Nerga (blue flag beach), Vino and Barra (nudist beach), backed by dunes and pine woods, it feels like a little corner of paradise.
There are no shops in Vino, but the bread van comes and for simple shopping and restaurants you need to go to nearby Hio with its famous "cruceiro" or Aldan a little bit further and for everything you need to the larger fishing ports and seaside towns of Cangas or Bueu.
A walk through the pine woods to Donon (excellent fish restaurant here - Cabo Home) to Monte Facho and its Celtic ruins on the clifftops and incredible views is a must as is searching out the most virgin of beaches Praia Melide on the way.
- Fantastic beaches - both near the house and nearby on the peninsula - Playa de Nerga, Playa de Vino, Playa de Barra and Playa de Limens to mention a few.
- Surfing, sailing and kayaking
- Walking routes on the Peninsula de Morrazo. Try the walk from Playa de Vino through pine woods to Donon and the Celtic castro at Monte do Facho.
- Discover the most virgen of all the local beaches Playa Melide on the promontory of Cabo Pequeno.
>li>Visit the church and the fantastic "Cruceiro de Hio" at Hio.
- Take the ferry across from Bueu to the Isla de Ons and its virgin beaches.
- Go across to the lively city of Vigo on the ferry from Moana. Take the ferry from Cangas or Vigo to the unique Islas Cies and their spectacular beaches.
- Explore Albarino wine country and its delightful "capital", Cambados.
- Visit ancient Combarro, near Pontevedra - Galicia's most picturesque seaside town.
- Celtic folk festival last week in July in Cangas.
- Try the local delicious fish and seafood washed down with Albarino at the many family run restaurants. Don't miss Arcade, famous for its oysters and seafood.
- Take a trip out to the mussel beds in the Ria de Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Pontevedra and Santiago de Compostela, both within easy reach.
- Venture inland to the fascinating, little town of Ribadavia with its exquisite Jewish quarter.
- Have a day's outing to Ourense and soak in one of the natural, outdoor spas there.
Holiday Ideas near Vino
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.