Casa Vilanova, GaliciaVilanova | Ref: GTEN1 | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Delightful, traditional house with pool with lovely views of countryside near Pontevedra.
With 2900 m2 of beautifully kept, fully enclosed grounds with two horreos (typical grain stores) to boast, it maintains its original features, yet provides all the comforts of modern living.
A real family home, very comfortably furnished in a mixture of modern and more traditional pieces, attractively decorated and well designed to ensure everyone has their own space.
The fully fitted, modern kitchen, with glass doors giving directly onto the covered porch by the pool, makes al fresco meals very easy to manage.
A truly relaxing and peaceful spot, with lovely views from the bedrooms and upper terrace of the surrounding valleys and the hills beyond - magical at any time of day!
Though the village has no facilities, the bread van comes and there is a children's playground and Tenorio at two kilometres has the necessary amenities. For more choice Pontevedra and the pretty spa town of Ponte Caldelas are both eleven kilometres away.
The nearest beaches are half an hour's drive, though there is a river beach at two kilometres and the fascinating cities of Santiago and Vigo are within easy reach.
Pets are allowed.
Accommodation DescriptionThe front gate opens into the extensive grounds and parking area and pool and large covered porch at the front of the house.
By the side of the house there are steps down to basement level where there is a traditional, covered patio with a fixed BBQ, table and chairs and basketball net.
The front door opens into the hall and passage and three bedrooms (three doubles, one ensuite with a door to the side balcony) and a bathroom.
Off the hall is a large living room with a door onto the side balcony and garden and a fully fitted kitchen with glass doors onto the covered porch and pool and garden.
Stairs from the living room to the spacious landing with a double sofa bed, a bathroom and a bedroom (double) with a terrace with a table and chairs and superb views of the countryside and hills beyond.
Licence No: VUT-PO-000397
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 dble, 1 dble (ensuite bathroom) (ground flr). 1 dble (first flr).|
|Bathrooms:||3; (1 bath/shwr, W.C. and washbasin. Ensuite bathroom: 1 shwr.unit,W.C., bidet and washbasi. (grd.flr.).Ensuite bathroom: 1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin (first flr).)|
|Nearest Shop:||2 km - Tenorio|
|Bars/Restaurants:||2.7 km - A Xesteira|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (40km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Bilbao (566km)|
View Full Details
|High||12 July - 31 Aug; Easter: Local bank holidays||£2220|
|Mid||1 June - 11 July; 1-31 September||£2000|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1850|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
San Pedro de Tenorio Monastery
Though there are no amenities, the bread van comes and there is a children's playground. Tenorio, with its medieval monastery of San Pedro, at two kilometres, has a supermarket, a butcher's, bakers, a chemist's and a clinic.
There are some very good restaurants in the vicinity, the nearest, Veiga Marina, at under three kilometres, in A Xeisteira.
The lovely city of Pontevedra with its fascinating historical quarter and the pretty spa town of Ponte Caldelas are eleven kilometres away and should have all that you need, including enticing covered markets with the best of fish and seafood.
- Walking and mountain biking straight from the house.
- Explore the lovely city of Pontevedra with its fascinating historical centre.
- Canoeing in the local rivers.
- The Roman bridge at nearby Borela on the river Almofrey.
- The medieval monastery Of San Pedro at Tenorio.
- Observatory in Carballedo at 7 kms.
- Beautiful river walk in nearby spa town of Ponte Caldelas.
- Fluvial beach on the river Almofrey at 2 kms in Xeisteira and blue flag fluvial beach in Ponte Caldelas.
- Enjoy the many local fiestas.
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports - diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo. Buy produce to cook at home.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo and on oysters at nearby Arcade.
- Sample the local gastronomy at the many family run restaurants in the area.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, within easy reach.
Holiday Ideas near Vilanova
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.