Casa Beni, GaliciaNerga | Ref: GNER1 | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 11
Swish modern house with pool by spectacular beaches.
With a few other houses around, it is set in a fully enclosed garden and from the upper floor has splendid views of the Ria de Vigo and the magical Islas Cies beyond.
Built and designed with the latest technology, it has all the modern comforts you could ask for - underfloor heating and cooling system, remote controlled blinds, a central vacuum system, solar energy, WIFI and total accessibility for wheelchair users on the ground floor.
Attractively decorated and furnished, impeccably maintained and very well equipped throughout, the enthusiastic owners, take real pride in the presentation of the property and the area to ensure that their guests have the best holiday possible.
The impressive collection of paintings by the owner's wife and other well known Galician artists, adds a very special touch as does the thoughtful idea of providing children's toys. A very tempting welcome pack with local products is also provided.
The village has a couple of restaurants and beach bars and in nearby Hio and Aldan you’ll find plenty more plus all the amenities. The fishing ports and seaside towns of Cangas and Bueu, just over fifteen minutes in the car, have most facilities, including ferries to the Islas Cies and Islas Ons.
Day trips to the fascinating, ancient cities of Vigo, Pontevedra and Santiago are easy. You are perfectly placed!
Accommodation DescriptionElectrically controlled front gate opens into fully enclosed grounds, laid to lawn and paved. Swimming pool and garden shed with children's toys. Porch at front of house with table and chairs.
Front door opens into large living room with dining area and sitting area and door onto covered porch, garden and pool.
Door from living room to spacious, fully fitted kitchen with door onto covered porch, garden and pool.
Off living area to cloakroom and three bedrooms (one double with ensuite bathroom and two twins) and a bathroom.
Downstairs to basement with utility room.
Upstairs to landing with a divan and two bedrooms (one double and one triple) and a bathroom.
Licence No: VT PO03
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 twin, 1 twin. (grd. flr.). 1 dble, 1 triple, 1 divan. (first flr).|
|Bathrooms:||4; (1 cloakroom with W.C. and washbasin. I bathroom (walk in shwr, W.C. and double washbasin). 1 ensuite bathroom (walk in shwr, W.C. and washbasin). Grdflr. 1 bathroom (walk in shwr,W.C and double washbasin). First flr.)|
|Nearest Shop:||Hio - 2 kms|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In village - a short walk|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (36km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (593km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August||£3290|
|Mid||June & September||£2160|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1500|
Special rate applies at Easter & Chritsmas
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
In the most beautiful and unspoilt area of this coastal region, with fantastic views of the Ria de Vigo and the wonderful Islas Cies beyond from its three magical, sandy beaches - Praia de Nerga (blue flag beach), Vino and Barra, backed by dunes and pine woods, it feels like a little corner of paradise.
There are a couple of restaurants in the village and two beach bars serving food, but for simple shopping and more restaurants you need to go to nearby Hio with its famous "cruceiro" or Aldan a little bit further and for everything you need to the larger fishing ports and seaside towns of Cangas or Bueu.
A walk through the pine woods to Donon (excellent fish restaurant here - Cabo Home) to Monte Facho and its Celtic ruins on the clifftops and incredible views is a must as is searching out the most virgin of beaches Praia Melide on the way.
- Fantastic beaches - both near the house and nearby on the peninsula - Playa de Nerga, Playa de Vino, Playa de Barra and Playa de Limens to mention a few.
- Surfing, sailing and kayaking
- Walking routes on the Peninsula de Morrazo. Try the walk from Playa de Nerga through pine woods to Donon and the Celtic castro at Monte do Facho.
- Discover the most virgen of all the local beaches Playa Melide on the promontory of Cabo Pequeno.
>li>Visit the church and the fantastic "Cruceiro de Hio" at Hio.
- Take the ferry across from Bueu to the Isla de Ons and its virgin beaches.
- Go across to the lively city of Vigo on the ferry from Moana. Take the ferry from Cangas or Vigo to the unique Islas Cies and their spectacular beaches.
- Explore Albarino wine country and its delightful "capital", Cambados.
- Visit ancient Combarro, near Pontevedra - Galicia's most picturesque seaside town.
- Celtic folk festival last week in July in Cangas.
- Try the local delicious fish and seafood washed down with Albarino at the many family run restaurants. Don't miss Arcade, famous for its oysters and seafood.
- Take a trip out to the mussel beds in the Ria de Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Pontevedra and Santiago de Compostela, both within easy reach.
- Venture inland to the fascinating, little town of Ribadavia with its exquisite Jewish quarter.
- Have a day's outing to Ourense and soak in one of the natural, outdoor spas there.
Holiday Ideas near Nerga
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
Flights to Galicia:
From Heathrow with Vueling to La Coruña
From Stansted with Ryanair to Santiago
From Gatwick with Easyjet and Vueling to Santiago
From Edinburgh to Vigo with Ryanair
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Stansted, Liverpool or Dublin with Ryanair
From Bristol, Luton, Manchester or Gatwick with Easyjet
From Heathrow with BA or Gatwick with TAP
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 5 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.