Casa Coiro, GaliciaCoiro | Ref: GCOI1 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Traditional house with stylish modern interior and covered pool with spectacular views of Ria de Vigo.
Its stylish modern interior and very comfortable, modern furnishings and fittings, create a relaxing and soothing atmosphere with a touch of luxury.
The inviting covered BBQ area with a bread oven too, provides a wonderful setting for al fresco meals, looking out over the magnificent panorama.
An added bonus is a continental breakfast provided every morning and cleaning and change of linen every three days. Great for those in need of a real rest!
The friendly village of Coiro, with its magnificent Baroque church, has a good, little supermarket, a bar and an excellent, family-run restaurant. At three kilometres, down below on the coast, is the busy fishing port and seaside town of Cangas with all facilities, including the ferry to the Islas Cies and the nearest beach.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens into grounds and house. Another gate alongside opens into the parking area.
2000m2 of beautifully kept grounds with covered, salt water swimming pool, an outhouse with a natural spring, an orchard and a large covered porch with a fixed BBQ and dining out area.
Down the side of the house to the swimming pool area. Front door opens from this into spacious, open plan living room and kitchen.
From this, cloakroom and "music room" with two armchairs and a music centre.
Up stairs to the entrance (there is a door from this to steps which lead down to the grounds). Door from here to a bathroom and three bedrooms (one double with ensuite bathroom, one double and one twin).
Licence number: VT-PO-542
|Bedroom Details:||1dble, 1 dble, 1 twin. (on first floor).|
|Bathrooms:||3; (1 cloakroom with W.C. and washbasin. (grd.flr). 1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin. Ensuite bathroom: 1 shwr unit, W.C. and washbasin . (first flr).)|
|Nearest Shop:||In village - a short walk|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In village - a short walk|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (28km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (584km)|
View Full Details
|High||15 July -15 Sept; Easter||£2150|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1950|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
At three kilometres down on the coast, is the nearest beach, and the busy fishing port and seaside town of Cangas, with most facilities including a covered market and two street markets a week.
Across the ria is the major port and fascinating city of Vigo (accessible by road or ferry) and over the hills lies the ancient city of Pontevedra.
Santiago de Compostela, and the north of Portugal are both within easy reach.
You needn’t go far afield to find the excellent beaches and wonderful, little restaurants that abound in the Peninsula de Morrazo.
Nearby, Moaña’s folk festival, held in August, brings performers and audience from all over Spain and beyond.
- Fantastic beaches nearby on the peninsula.
- Surfing, sailing and kayaking
- Walking routes on the Morrazo peninsula and along the Rio Mino. Try the Ruta dos Muinos de Coiro, taking in old watermills.
- Take the ferry across the Ria to the lively city of Vigo and feast on oysters there at one of the street stalls.
- Make a day trip by ferry from Cangas to the amazing Islas Cies with "the best beach in the world" & Ons National park.
- Explore Albarino wine country and its delightful "capital", Cambados.
- Visit ancient Combarro, near Pontevedra - Galicia's most picturesque seaside town.
- Celtic folk festival last week in July.
- Try the local delicious fish and seafood washed down with Albarino at the many family run restaurants. Don't miss Arcade, famous for its oysters and seafood.
- Take a trip out to the mussel beds in the Ria.
- Visit the historic cities of Pontevedra and Santiago de Compostela, both within easy reach.
- Venture inland to the fascinating, little town of Ribadavia with its exquisite Jewish quarter.
- Have a day's outing to Ourense and soak in one of the natural, outdoor spas there.
- Visit Northern Portugal and its fascinating towns, just an hour away.
Holiday Ideas near Coiro
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.