Casa Sara, GaliciaSanta Ana, Touron | Ref: GTOU1 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Traditional, renovated family home with pool and magical garden.
Its magical, beautifully kept front garden and the swimming pool at the back of the house, perfect for a dip in the heat of the day and romantic for a midnight swim, add to the pleasures.
The village has a bar and a riding school and there is a restaurant nearby and at four kilometres is the attractive and friendly spa town of Ponte Caldelas with the dreamy Rio Verdugo with its fluvial beach running through. Here you have most amenities, but just fifteen minutes away is the delightful, historic city of Pontevedra and a bit further, a great choice of beaches and all of the delights of the Rias Baixas.
Pets are admitted.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens into fully enclosed, beautifully maintained garden with a fixed BBQ and small fountain. Covered and paved covered porch with garden furniture.
Front door opens into the entrance and off this is a bathroom.
From entrance to large, open plan kitchen area with fully fitted kitchen with a dining area.
Down one step to spacious, open plan living room with a sitting area and a dining area and open fireplace.
Door from kitchen area and up steps to swimming pool at the back of the house and small area alongside with two sun loungers and a small table and chairs.
From kitchen area, staircase to first floor and landing. Off landing, three good sized bedrooms (one double, one double and one twin) and bathroom.
Licence no: VT - PO30
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 dble, 1 twin (first flr).|
|Bathrooms:||2; (1 shwr.unit, W.C. and washbasin (grd. flr.), Bath/shwr, W.C., bidet and two washbasins (first flr.))|
|Nearest Shop:||4 kms - Ponte Caldelas|
|Bars/Restaurants:||Bar - in village. Restaurant - 2 kms in Vilarchan|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (30km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (547km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August; Easter: Local bank holidays||£1590|
|Mid||June & September||£1390|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1290|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Verdugo River in Ponte Caldelas spa town - 4km
Santa Ana, Touron
The village has a chemist's, a bar and a horse-riding centre and bread, fish and other vans visit frequently. There is a good restaurant at two kilometres in Vilarchan.
Ponte Caldelas, with the beautiful river Rio Verdugo, running through, with a fantastic river walk and a blue flag fluvial beach, has most amenities including a covered market and some very good restaurants. For more, Pontevedra has it all!
Nearest beaches are at eighteen kilometres. You are spoilt for choice!
The ancient cities of Santiago and Vigo are within easy reach too.
- Horse-riding in the village.
- Beautiful river walk in nearby spa town of Ponte Caldelas.
- Blue flag fluvial beach in Ponte Caldelas.
- Archeological centre in Touron.
- Enjoy the many local fiestas.
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports - diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo. Buy produce to cook at home.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo and on oysters at nearby Arcade.
- Sample the local gastronomy at the many family run restaurants in the area.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, within easy reach.
Holiday Ideas near Santa Ana, Touron
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.