Apartamento Camarmena Arriba, Cantabria and AsturiasCamarmeña | Ref: CAM1 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 7
Rural apartment above the Rio Cares with stunning views of the Naranjo de Bulnes.
Surrounded by craggy peaks with the river running below, they command the most spectacular and stunning views of the Picos de Europa, including the unique "Naranjo de Bulnes".
The well equipped apartments, on the ground and first floors, each with their own entrance, are functional and practical and discreetly decorated and furnished, in keeping with their superb mountain setting. The Apartamento Arriba has a good sized balcony, great for sitting and eating out and to soak in the mesmerizing panorama.
They share a parking area in front of the house and a small garden with fruit trees and a covered BBQ area at the side.
Though remote in feel with just a handful of other houses around, there is a friendly village bar and a simple, country restaurant on your doorstep.
At one and a half kilometres in Poncebos, down the winding road, there are a couple more bars/restaurants, the start of the famous walk "La Ruta de Cares" and the funicular de Bulnes. For supplies, the busy village of Arenas de Cabrales, a fifteen minute drive, should have all that you need and wonderful beaches are under an hour away.
The properties have WIFI.
Accommodation DescriptionUp outside steps from shared parking area or up lane to gate which opens onto a good sized balcony. Stable style front door opens from this into the sitting room. Off this is the fully fitted kitchen and two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and a bathroom.
Up tiled stairs to the attic floor with a second bathroom and a triple bedroom and a cupboard under the eaves for storage (children's toys are kept here).
Steps down from parking area to shared, small, sloping fenced off garden with fruit trees with a BBQ area with a covered porch with a dining table and benches.
Licence no: AR0494
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 twin and 1 triple.|
|Bathrooms:||2; (1 bath/shwr, W.C. and washbasin (grd. flr). 1 bath/shwr, W.C. and washbasin (attic flr.))|
|Nearest Shop:||8 km - Arenas de Cabrales|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In village - a very short walk|
|Nearest Airport:||Santander (108km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (110km)|
View Full Details
|High||July, August & Easter||£1050|
|Low||Rest of year||£1030|
|Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Reached by a very steep and winding road (one and a half kilometres), surrounded by craggy peaks, it commands the most spectacular views of the mountains including a unique vista of the famous Naranjo de Bulnes.
Though remote in feel, it has a friendly village bar and a simple restaurant serving regional food, and a Mirador (viewpoint) which attracts its fair share of visitors.
Down by the Rio Cares in Poncebos there are a couple more bars and restaurants and the funicular which takes you up to the village of Bulnes, where the ascent to the "Naranjo" begins. There is also the road that leads to the villages of Tielve, Sotres and Tresviso, all with basic amenities.
The small town of Arenas de Cabrales, at eight kilometres, has most amenities.
- Walk the Ruta de Cares from Poncebos to Cain and back (24kms)
- Take the funicular up to Bulnes (the start of the ascent of Naranjo de Bulnes) and walk back down following the Canal del Tejo.
- Discover the villages of Sotres and Tresviso (famous for its cheese) beyond Bulnes.
- Walk the beautiful "Senda del Rio Casano" with its amazing vegetation of oaks and ancient chestnut trees.This starts at the village of La Molina west of Arenas de Cabrales.
- Go up to the mirador in the village to get the best view of the "Naranjo de Bulnes".
- Visit the Museo del Queso Cabrales (the cheese museum) on the road to Arenas de Cabrales.
- Have a day out on the coast at Llanes and its fantastic beaches.
- Visit the shrine at Covadonga and the lakes of Enol and Ercina.
- The "Bufones at Pria - Impressive blowholes at Pría, near Llanes — observe at first-hand the strength of the sea: the waves shoot up from underground caves and come out through holes made thousands of years ago.
- Stock up at the wonderful Sunday market in Cangas de Onis.
- Local gastronomy - many local, family run restaurants, but also two Michelin star restaurants in nearby Arriondas - El Corral del Indiano (one star) and Casa Marcial (two stars).
The Picos de Europa has excellent access by air and sea:
Stansted to Bilbao with Easyjet or Santander with Ryanair;
Gatwick to Bilbao or Oviedo with Vueling (BA).
Manchester to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Bristol to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Edinburgh to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Easyjet;
Dublin to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Aer Lingus.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.