Apartamentos Lerones (sleep 2), Cantabria and AsturiasLerones | Ref: POT22 | Bedrooms: 1 | Sleeps: 2
Attractive rural apartments with shared pool in the mountains.
Sharing a good sized swimming pool in the grounds with a BBQ area alongside, they are in the pretty farming village of Lerones, fifteen kilometres from the market town of Potes. In delightful countryside with splendid views of the Picos de Europa, a variety of wonderful walks and mountain biking routes start on your doorstep.
All the apartments have two or three floors with a living room with an open fireplace, an equipped kitchen with a washing machine, a bathroom with a hydro-massage shower unit, central heating, T.V. and WIFI.
There is a private car park and a reception area with useful information about the area. Mountain bikes can be hired and the owners can help you to arrange horse-riding and quad hire.
Accommodation DescriptionPrivate car park, belonging to the complex. Reception area. Shared grounds with shared swimming pool and BBQ area.
Apartments La Bolera and La Fragua: For two people: These are at the back of the complex. They have their own bit of garden and patio and are reasonably private.
Living room and open plan kitchen on ground floor. Double bedroom and bathroom on first floor.
|Bedroom Details:||1 double bed (140 cms)|
|Bathrooms:||1; (1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin.)|
|Nearest Shop:||8 km - Puente Asnil|
|Bars/Restaurants:||3.5 km - Pesaguero|
|Nearest Airport:||Santander (120km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (121km)|
View Full Details
|High||15 Jul - 31 Aug; Easter; local holidays||£600|
|Low||Rest of year||£450|
|Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
With lovely views of the Picos, you are in beautiful countryside here and there are a variety of delightful walks and mountain biking routes from the village. The informative Visitors' Centre for the Cantabrian side of the Picos de Europa, offering guided and self guided walks, is in nearby Pesaguero -
Though there are no facilities here, there is a hotel and so it has some touristic activity. There are two bars with good restaurants in Pesaguero at three kilometres and an excellent bakery and bar/shop at Puente Asnil at eight kilometres. Potes, with all you need, is a twenty minute drive.
- Walking, bird watching, nature. There is a permanent exhibition of the flora and fauna of the area at La Casa de la Naturaleza in the nearby village of Pesaguero. They also organise guided and self guided walks.
- Walk the Ruta de Cares from Posada de Valdeon.
- Horse-riding in Vinon.
- Fishing in the River Deva (but with a licence).
- Swimming in the river below the village.
- Many outdoor activity companies in Potes.
- Explore the interesting old town of Potes.
- Visit the fascinating churches in Piasca and Santa Maria de Lebana and the monastery of Santo Toribio.
- Take the cable car up to the heights at Fuente De.
- Sample the gastronomy of the region at many family run restaurants - cocido lebaniego, the local dish, not to be missed!
- Take a day trip by the San Glorio pass to the city of Leon with its amazing cathedral.
- Take the scenic route to Aguilar de Campoo on the Palencia road.
- Drive via Piedrasluengas to Polaciones and Tudanca and visit the museum of Jose Maria de Cossio, a famous writer.
Holiday Ideas near Lerones
The Picos de Europa has excellent access by air and sea:
Stansted to Bilbao with Easyjet or Santander with Ryanair;
Gatwick to Bilbao or Oviedo with Vueling (BA).
Manchester to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Bristol to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Edinburgh to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Easyjet;
Dublin to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Aer Lingus.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.