Casa Beatriz, GaliciaOusensa | Ref: GVIL1 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Off the village road, it stands in a large, fully enclosed, very well maintained garden (1000 m2),laid to lawn with trees and shrubs with a patio and an horreo (traditional grainstore) and open views to vineyards and fields around.
Its artistic owners (Mum and daughter team) have used their joint skills to cleverly mix the original old stone walls with modern design, decoration and furnishings. The interesting paintings throughout the house are the work of one of the daughters.
Very comfortable and spacious, most of the accommodation is on the ground floor, with a just a sitting area and a bedroom and a bathroom upstairs.
Only four kilometres away from the beautiful beaches on the lovely island of Illa de Arousa, you are very well placed here for exploring the Rias Baixas with capital of Albarino wine, Cambados, a very short drive, the interesting cities of Pontevedra and Vigo, easy for a day out and historical Santiago in less than an hour. And so much more ...
N.B. The owner has an art studio/sewing workshop in the building adjoining the house at one side at the front of the property, but outside the grounds.
*New for 2018
Accommodation DescriptionFront gate opens into large, fully enclosed garden laid to lawn with a patio area, trees and shrubs and small pond and horreeo (traditional grainstore).
Covered patio area at front of house with garden furniture. Front door opens from this into hall with seating. From this, two bedrooms (one double, one twin) and bathroom.
Double doors from hall to smart, fully fitted kitchen and from this two arches which lead to very spacious living room with dining area at one end and sitting area at other with doors onto the patio and garden.
Up stairs to landing with seating. Off this one double bedroom and bathroom.
Licence No: VT PO27
|Bedroom Details:||1dbl, 1 twin (grd. flr.) 1 dbl (first flr).|
|Bathrooms:||2; (Bath/shwr., W.C., bidet and washbasin. (grd.flr.) Bath/shwr,, W.C., bidet and washbasin. (first flr).)|
|Nearest Shop:||In village - 300m|
|Bars/Restaurants:||2kms - Vilanova de Arousa|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (53km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (544km)|
View Full Details
|High||Easter; July; August||£1360|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1050|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Illa de Arousa
There is a small shop in the village and a couple of bars nearby, but for all main facilities you need to go to Vilanova de Arousa.
Vilanova is an attractive, up market, but informal seaside town on the Ria de Arousa. Birthplace to the famous Spanish dramatist, Valle Inclan (there is a museum in the house where he was born), with a port and a marina, a good town beach - Playa Terron, its fair share of hotels, a pleasant old quarter with good value bars and restaurants, supermarkets and little shops and a covered market as well as a weekly market.
A causeway leads from the town to the lovely island of Illa de Arousa. Bustling in the summer months, it has some impressive, but popular beaches, and a nature sanctuary for birds with some unspoilt beaches. With a good choice of fish and seafood restaurants at reasonable prices, and possibilities of boat trips and aquatic sports, it is well worth spending some time here.
- Go across to Illa de Arousa and enjoy the lovely beaches there. Take a boat trip or go canoeing there.
- Visit the Valle Inclan museum in Vilanova de Arousa.
- Sample the local gastronomy at the restaurants and bars in the old quarter of Vilanova de Arousa and Illa de Arousa - great food, great value!
- Lovely riverside walks " Las Rutas de Los Molinos" taking in ancient watermills (some now restored) in Meano and the surrounding area .
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit in the area to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio, just a short drive away.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports - diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo. Buy produce to cook at home.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at nearby Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Horse riding and cycling (you can rent electric bikes, with or without a guide).
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo - all within easy reach.
Holiday Ideas near Ousensa
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.