Casa Estrada, GaliciaTabeiros | Ref: GTBR1 | Bedrooms: 2 | Sleeps: 4
Lovely old stone house with stylish modern interior in beautiful countryside south of Santiago.
Standing on a quiet village road in Tabeiros, with an outlook to fields and woods, the house has been carefully restored keeping original features and at the same time introducing modernist touches to produce a pleasant blend of the past and present.
Attractively decorated and comfortably furnished in the style of today, the house has been cleverly and practically designed to create a relaxing and homely atmosphere. The extensive garden with its fruit trees and vine and BBQ add to the harmonious scene.
The house is located in the sleepy village of Tabeiros with a bar and the fine Romanesque church of Santiago de Tabeiros. Nearby the town of A Estrada, five minutes away, has all the facilities, including indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Santiago de Compostela and the magnificent Pazo de Oca with its beautiful gardens (the Galician Versailles) are 30 kilometres. The historical city of Pontevedra is a bit further and the nearest beaches a fifty minute drive.
N.B. The property can sleep up to 6 as there are two extra beds suitable for children up to 16 on the landing (see photo). There is a charge of £100 per person per week.
*New for 2018
Accommodation DescriptionFront door opens from street into sitting room. There is also a large gate at the front which opens into the fully enclosed garden (1500 m2) and parking area.
Up one step from the sitting room to the open plan, fully fitted kitchen/diner. There is a door from this that leads to the garden at the back.
From dining area up wooden staircase to open plan landing area with a sofa bed and a single bed.
From landing to two double bedrooms and bathroom.
Licence no:TD PO 000506
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 dble, 1 sing and 1 sofa bed. (first flr.)|
|Bathrooms:||1; (Shwr.unit, W.C., bidet and washbasin. (first flr.))|
|Nearest Shop:||4 kms in A Estrada|
|Bars/Restaurants:||Bar in the village. Restaurants at 4 kms in A Estrada|
|Nearest Airport:||Santiago (40km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (513km)|
View Full Details
|High||July & August||£780|
|Low||Rest of year||£730|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Pazo de Oca, Gallegan "Versailles" - 15kms
With a bar (with a shop section selling basics) and the fine Romanesque church of Santiago de Tabeiros, it has no other facilities, but the furniture making town of A Estrada at four kilometres has all that you need, including outdoor and indoor swimming pools and tennis courts.
A bit further away are the attractive spa towns of Cuntis and Caldas de Reis, and Santiago de Compostela is just half an hour away. The magnificent Pazo de Oca and its beautiful gardens of camelias and magnolias is even closer than that.
Beautiful beaches in the Rias Baixas are a fifty minute drive, but there is a fluvial beach on the Rio Ulla at Vilarello slightly nearer.
Numerous Romanesque churches are dotted around the countryside and the C12th monastery of Acibeiro is a must visit.
The local area is one of great traditions, including the fascinating fiesta of Rapa das Bestas (horse shearing festival) held at the beginning of July in the village of Sabucedo, ten minutes away from Tabeiros.
- Walking and cycling in the local area. There are marked routes including Monte Cabalar, Rio Linares and Molinos de Vesacaballa.
- Fishing in the rivers Umia and Ulla, but with a licence.
- Rafting and kayaking on the rivers Ulla and Umia.
- Visit the historical cities of Santiago de Compostela and Pontevedra.
- Visit the attractive spa towns of Cuntis and Caldas de Reis.
- Visit the nearby, magnificent Pazo de Oca and its beautiful gardens with camelias and magnolias. the Gallegan "Versailles".
- Discover the wonderful gardens at Pazo de Fefinans (Cambados), Pazo de Santa Cruz (botanic garden), Pazo de Rubians (botanic garden) and Castillo de Soutomaior (25 different types of camelias) - all within easy reach.
- Go to the monasteries of Acibeiro and Carboeiro.
- Search out the numerous Romanesque churches in the area.
- Enjoy a stroll by the Rio Ulla in the beautiful Areal do Berres.
- Explore the Serra do Candan and Branas do Xestoso with their wonderful oak forests and birds you won't catch site of in other parts of Galicia.
- Join the fiesta "Rapa das Bestas" (horse shearing festival) in Sabucedo in early July. A 10 minute drive from Tabeiros.
- Enjoy the excellent local gastronomy at the many local restaurants.
Holiday Ideas near Tabeiros
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
Flights to Galicia:
From Heathrow with Vueling to La Coruña
From Stansted with Ryanair to Santiago
From Gatwick with Easyjet and Vueling to Santiago
From Edinburgh to Vigo with Ryanair
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Stansted, Liverpool or Dublin with Ryanair
From Bristol, Luton, Manchester or Gatwick with Easyjet
From Heathrow with BA or Gatwick with TAP
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 5 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.