El Granero, Cantabria and AsturiasArguebanes | Ref: POT21 | Bedrooms: 2 | Sleeps: 4
Homely, cosy, south facing cottage in pretty Picos village.
Cleverly making the best use of space and quality local materials, his skill of carpentry and his artistic eye, create a truly country feel to the property.
Set on a lane in the upper part of the pretty farming village of Arguebanes with other houses around, the view across fields to woods and the mountains beyond from its small south facing patio are a pure delight.
Backed by the magnificent peaks of the Macizo Oriental of the Picos de Europa with its verdant valleys and crystal clear rivers and streams, you are excellently placed for walking and exploring the surrounding area.
Though totally surrounded by nature, the lovely old market town of Potes with all facilities is just five kilometres away.
N.B. There are two concrete electricity posts by the house, though they do not spoil your view.
*New for 2018
Accommodation DescriptionOutside front steps up to small south facing, fully enclosed paved patio with lovely view of fields and mountains.
From this stable style door opens into open plan living room. Through arch from this to country style kitchen.
From living room to bathroom.
Up wooden stairs to tiny landing and door to small balcony with magnificent views of the Picos.
Off landing to two bedrooms (one double and one small double with mezzanine with single bed).
|Bedroom Details:||1 dble, 1 small dble, 1 sing.|
|Bathrooms:||1; (1 shwr. unit, W.C. and washbasin (grdflr.))|
|Nearest Shop:||5 kms - Potes|
|Bars/Restaurants:||5 kms - Potes|
|Nearest Airport:||Santander (110km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (112km)|
View Full Details
|Peak||22 Jul - 13 Aug||£830|
|High||Easter; 15-21 Jul; 14-31 Aug||£800|
|Mid||1-14 Jul; 1-15 Sep||£680|
|Low||Rest of year||£650|
|Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
There are no facilities here, but the bread van visits and the market town of Potes, with most facilities is just five kilometres away.
You are on the right side of Potes to easily access the cable car at Fuente De and there are plenty of bars and restaurants as you wind your way up the valley of Camaleno to there.
- Walking locally - There are a variety of wonderful walks that start from the village.
- Walk the Ruta de Cares from Posada de Valdeon.
- Horse-riding - Centro Ecuestre Aravalle in Vinon, near Tama - the other side of Potes.
- Fishing in the River Deva (but with a licence).
- Swimming in the River Deva at Camaleno.
- Many outdoor activity companies in Potes offering all sorts of activities.
- Sample the local tipple "orujo" at Bodega Sierra del Oso In Ojedo (off the road before Potes).
- Explore the interesting old town of Potes.
- Visit the fascinating churches in Piasca and Santa Maria de Lebana and the monastery of Santo Toribio.
- Take the cable car up to the heights at Fuente De and enjoy the walks at the top.
- Sample the gastronomy of the region at many family run restaurants - cocido lebaniego, the local dish, not to be missed!
- Get a taste for the local cheeses - track down the many local villages that make their own - Lon, Pido, Baro, Pendes..
- Take a day trip by the San Glorio pass to the city of Leon with its amazing cathedral.
Holiday Ideas near Arguebanes
The Picos de Europa has excellent access by air and sea:
Stansted to Bilbao with Easyjet or Santander with Ryanair;
Gatwick to Bilbao or Oviedo with Vueling (BA).
Manchester to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Bristol to Bilbao with Easyjet;
Edinburgh to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Easyjet;
Dublin to Santander with Ryanair or Bilbao with Aer Lingus.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.