La Gandarina, GaliciaTomino | Ref: GTOM2 | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Great house for families, with fenced off pool in beautiful enclosed grounds.
Recently renovated, with families and large groups in mind with five bathrooms, it is practical and functional, rather than elegant, making it a great base for an easy going, relaxing holiday.
The gardens are a delight to be in for all ages with interesting sculptures, shrubs and fruit trees and sitting out areas in the sun and the shade. The covered BBQ area is perfect for meals al fresco in all weathers.
You are near lovely beaches at A Guarda and Baiona (15 minutes), river beaches (5 minutes), Tui, the ancient capital of Galicia at fifteen kilometres and its less than half an hour to the fascinating and interesting port and city of Vigo where you can take a trip to the magical Islas Cies.
Tomiño, your local town, has an excellent market and most facilities that you need and Portugal with fantastic markets and fascinating old towns is just across the River Minho.
The property has Wi-Fi, central heating and air conditioning.
Accommodation DescriptionMain gate opens into grounds and drive leading up to the house. Another gate opens into the grounds at the back and the front door of the house and BBQ area.
Covered porch with a table and chairs for sitting/dining out.
Front door opens into a large, open plan living room with open fireplace and fitted kitchen at one end (three windows).
A passage leads from this to a pantry, a bathroom and three bedrooms (1 double, 1double, 1 twin), two with ensuite bathrooms, one of which is designed for the disabled.
Up wooden staircase to landing and door onto huge upper terrace with magnificent views of the grounds, the valley and the hills beyond.
Sitting area with two easy chairs and coffee table.
Two bedrooms (1 double, 1 double), both with ensuite bathrooms.
Reg No. VUT-PO-000 400
|Bedroom Details:||4 dbls with ensuite bathrooms, 1 twin.|
|Bathrooms:||5; (4 ensuite bathrooms, 1 bathroom)|
|Nearest Shop:||3 kms|
|Bars/Restaurants:||Bar in village. Restaurant at 2 kms.|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (42km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (600km)|
View Full Details
|Peak||22 Jul - 13 Aug||£1590|
|High||1-21 Jul; 14 Aug - 15 - Sep||£1490|
|Mid||Easter; 16-30 Jun; 1-17 Sep||£1390|
|Low||Rest of year||£1250|
Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
River beach on the Miño
Surrounded by vineyards, kiwi plantations and garden nurseries, it is just north of the Rio Minho dividing Spain from Portugal. Besides its main town centre it is made up of several little parishes.
There are lovely river beaches along the Rio Minho and delightful walks along the many paths leading down to and along it.
There are restaurants and bars in the town, but several others, belonging to the municipality are down near the river or along the main road that links Tui with A Guarda.
- Fabulous beaches at Baiona, Ramallosa, A Guarda or Caminha in Portugal. River beaches on Rio Mino three kilometres away.
- Wine routes, especially dedicated to the most popular local wine, Albariño. Drive up through the nearby vineyards of Bodegas Altos de Torona and get a panoramic view of the area.
- Gastronomy, enjoying the enormous variety of fish, seafood and meat.
- Variety of gastronomic 'fiestas' throughout the summer.
- Interesting towns and cities in Spain and Portugal - Tui, Baiona, Vigo, Pontevedra and Vilanova de Cervera and Valenca (Portugal)
- Walking routes including the Parque Natural de Monte Aloia with five signposted walks and the Monte Tetón not too far from the house.
- Prehistoric paintings and petroglyphs in Monte Tetón.
- Visit the Celtic site of Monte Tecla and museum above A Guarda.
- Golf - there are four challenging courses within an hour's drive.
- Kayaking on the Rio Mino.
- Rafting, canoeing, climbing and other adventure sports.
- Bike route all along the fantastic coast from A Guarda to Vigo.
- Spas at about hour's drive.
- Markets at Tomino (Wednesday)Valença (Wednesday) and Tui (Thursday). Antique market on the second Sunday of every month at Vilanova, just over the bridge into Portugal from Tomiño.
Holiday Ideas near Tomino
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.