Villa Maria, GaliciaTomino | Ref: GTOM1 | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Large comfortable modern house with pool and landscaped garden.
Comfortable, well equipped, tastefully decorated and furnished in the modern, unfussy style, the house is light, spacious and practical.
The well furnished, relaxing sitting/eating out areas are a particular delight, commanding lovely open views of the valley. And there is an extra bonus for the kids with a ping pong table and table football to keep them amused.
The house is set back off a quiet, country road, in a residential area (there are immediate neighbours), surrounded by fields and vineyards, on the outskirts of the market town of Tomiño (two kilometres) in the southern most part of Galicia, on the border with Portugal. Plenty of interesting cities and towns to visit here!
Set in true wine country (the extensive vineyards of Altos de Torona and their majestic view from the top are literally just behind the house), there are plenty of bodegas to visit to sample and buy deliciously fresh Albariño. And a good choice of local, family run restaurants too.
For the energetic there is river swimming and kayaking on the nearby Rio Miño, a fantastic cycle route that takes you all along the amazing coastline from A Guarda to Vigo and lovely local walks in the vecinity.
The property has WIFI.
Accommodation DescriptionFront gates open into fully enclosed garden with pool. Path up side to front door and paved patio with awning.
Front door opens into spacious, high ceilinged, open plan living room with sliding doors at both ends onto garden and patio and pool.
Passage off this to fully fitted kitchen, one twin bedroom and one bathroom. Door to very large garage where ping pong table and table football, washing machine and tumble drier are kept.
Up stairs from living room to landing. Off this, two twin bedrooms, bathroom with jacuzzi, and master bedroom (double) with ensuite bathroom.
Reg No. PO- VUT-00115
|Bedroom Details:||1 twin (grd. flr), 1 twin, 1 twin, 1dbl (ensuite bathroom) first flr.|
|Bathrooms:||3; (3 bathrooms)|
|Nearest Shop:||2 kms - Tomino|
|Bars/Restaurants:||2 kms - Tomino|
|Nearest Airport:||Vigo (40km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (650km)|
View Full Details
|High||Easter; 1 Jul - 31 Aug||£2530|
|Low||Rest of Year||£1700|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
River beach on the Miño
Surrounded by vineyards, kiwi plantations and garden nurseries, it is just north of the Rio Minho dividing Spain from Portugal. Besides its main town centre it is made up of several little parishes.
There are lovely river beaches along the Rio Minho and delightful walks along the many paths leading down to and along it.
There are restaurants and bars in the town, but several others, belonging to the municipality are down near the river or along the main road that links Tui with A Guarda.
- Fabulous beaches at Baiona, Ramallosa, A Guarda or Caminha in Portugal. River beaches on Rio Mino three kilometres away.
- Wine routes, especially dedicated to the most popular local wine, Albariño. Drive up through the nearby vineyards of Bodegas Altos de Torona and get a panoramic view of the area.
- Gastronomy, enjoying the enormous variety of fish, seafood and meat.
- Variety of gastronomic 'fiestas' throughout the summer.
- Interesting towns and cities in Spain and Portugal - Tui, Baiona, Vigo, Pontevedra and Vilanova de Cervera and Valeca (Portugal)
- Walking routes including the Parque Natural de Monte Aloia with five signposted walks and the Monte Tetón not too far from the house.
- Prehistoric paintings and petroglyphs in Monte Tetón.
- Visit the Celtic site of Monte Tecla and museum above A Guarda.
- Golf - there are four challenging courses within an hour's drive.
- Kayaking on the Rio Mino.
- Rafting, canoeing, climbing and other adventure sports.
- Bike route all along the fantastic coast from A Guarda to Vigo.
- Spas at about hour's drive.
- Markets at Tomino (Wednesday)Valença (Wednesday) and Tui (Thursday). Antique market on the second Sunday of every month at Vilanova, just over the bridge into Portugal from Tomiño.
Holiday Ideas near Tomino
The Rias Bajas region in the south of Galicia is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
For the more southerly properties flights to Porto in Portugal may also be a good option:
From Heathrow with BA;
From Gatwick with Easyjet or TAP;
From Stansted with Ryanair;
From Luton with Easyjet;
From Manchester with TAP, Easyjet or Ryanair;
From Bristol with Easyjet;
From Edinburgh with Ryanair;
From Dublin with TAP and Ryanair.
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Vigo is 5 hours 30 mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly. Ireland to North Spain - 2 sailings a week.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.