Casa Do Consul 1, GaliciaPlaya de San Roman | Ref: GVIV3 | Bedrooms: 3 | Sleeps: 6
Lovely designer house right by the beach. Lively Viveiro & picturesque O Barqueiro nearby.
Modern and minimalist in style with interesting paintings and etchings, it is spacious, very comfortable and relaxing and the view alone will keep you mesmerized.
Set on a quiet lane in the sleepy hamlet of Lugar de Sisto with traditional farmers as your neighbours, and woods at the back to take a gentle stroll, you are only a five minute walk to the beautiful sandy, cliff backed beach of Playa de San Roman with two bars with restaurants.
With a lovely terrace and garden it is great for those seeking peace and quiet, yet within a ten minute drive you have all the facilities you need at either lively Viveiro or smaller O Vicedo in the other direction. For day trips Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña and Lugo are all within easy reach. A perfect place for a seaside holiday with plenty of culture.
Accommodation DescriptionFront door opens into large, open plan sitting room and fitted kitchen and "conservatory" dining room with sliding glass doors leading onto paved terrace and garden. Downstairs cloakroom and utility room.
Up wooden staircase to landing and two bedrooms (two single beds in each) with ensuite bathrooms.
Up further staircase to very spacious attic room with a picture window giving a panoramic view of the neighbourhood and the coast.
One bedroom (two singles) with ensuite bathroom. This is separated from the sitting area by a glass panelled wall and door.
Reg No. TU986D RITGA-E-2017-008115
|Bedroom Details:||1 twin, 1 twin, 1 twin with sitting room (upstr)|
|Bathrooms:||4; (3 bathrooms, 1 cloakroom)|
|Nearest Shop:||6.5 kms in O Vicedo or Covas, Viveiro|
|Nearest Airport:||La Coruna (113km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (371km)|
View Full Details
|Peak||22 Jul - 20 Aug||£1600|
|High||Easter; 1-21 Jul; 21-31 Aug||£1500|
|Mid||15-30 Jun; 1 - 15 Sep||£1080|
|Low||Rest of year||£1040|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Short break (4 to 6 nights)
Playa de San Roman
There is a beach bar/restaurant and another bar/restaurant on the road running through the village and although there are no shops, bread and fish vans come to the neighbourhood and locals are happy to sell you produce from their farms.
Traditional farming is still very much a way of life here!
The village itself is made up of a series of hamlets which are dotted around the gently undulating countryside backed by pine and eucalyptus woods, which run down to the beach.
- Beautiful San Roman beach five minute walk and many other wonderful beaches.
- Enjoy a boat trip from nearby Viveiro.
- Sports complex in Celeiro near Viveiro with heated indoor pool, sauna and gym.
- Visit Sargadelos ceramic factory where they make the blue and white pottery so famous in Spain.
- Visit Santuario de San Andrés de Teixido, a pilgrimage centre dating back centuries with the highest cliffs in Europe.
- Visit O´Barqueiro, a traditional small fishing port recently designated as a protected area and nearby Estaca de Bares where there is an ornithological observatory where you can watch the migration of thousands of birds.
- Surfing on many beaches particularly La Playa de Esteiro.
- Numerous traditional Fiestas throughout the year, including Easter week in Viveiro, the processions considered to be some of the best in Spain. Also there is a fantastic international folk festival at Ortigueira in July.
- Outdoor activity company in Viveiro next to the bus station which offers renting of bicycles, horse-riding, quads, walking routes etc.
- Go-karting on the road towards El Ferrol near Playa Aebrela.
- Feast on fish and seafood at affordable prices at many family run restaurants in the area.
The Costa Lucense is well served by air:
From Heathrow to A Coruña with Vueling (BA);
From Gatwick to Santiago with Easyjet;
From Stansted to Vigo or Santiago with Ryanair;
From Dublin to Vigo with Ryanair or Santiago with Aer Lingus.
Asturias airport is also a good entry-point for the north-east of Galicia:
Gatwick to Asturias (near Avilés) with Vueling;
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a real possibility (Viveiro is just 3hours 45mins from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 7 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.