Casa Cordovilla Arriba, Castilla y LeonSequeros | Ref: SLOS4 | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Peaceful setting in ancient oak woods on edge of medieval village. Spectacular views.
The accommodation comprises the first floor of the house, the ground floor with a separate entrance is also let out; it is spacious, light and comfortable, fitted and furnished in a pleasant traditional style.
There is a rough grass garden around the house, with oak trees, a good fixed barbeque and a fixed table and benches - plenty of room to play/sit out and enjoy the beauty of the location and take in the views.
Accommodation DescriptionOutside stairs to front door. Hall, large living room with doors to balcony and fitted kitchen/diner (electric hob, microwave oven - no standard oven).
Four bedrooms (1 double, 2 singles, 1 double, 1 double), two bathrooms (both with bath/shower).
Automatic washing machine. TV. Fireplace. Central heating.
|Bedroom Details:||3 dbl; 1 twin|
|Bathrooms:||2; (2 x shwr over bath)|
|Nearest Shop:||In village - a few mins walk|
|Bars/Restaurants:||In village - few mins walk|
|Nearest Airport:||Valladolid (209km)|
|Nearest Ferryport:||Santander (450km)|
View Full Details
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
There is a fifteenth century hermitage, a charming 19th Century theatre (still put to use at fiesta times), and over all is an atmosphere of elegant order – perhaps a result of the time when the village was the administrative capital of the Sierra.
A butcher’s (reputed to be the best in the area), a supermarket, chemist’s, banks and several small shops keep you well supplied, while there is a restaurant and bars, and the local ‘hostal’ has a swimming pool open to non-residents.
A pretty park and playground, the local rivers providing trout fishing and swimming, excellent walking countryside all round, and its closeness to other pretty villages make Sequeros an excellent holiday base.
- Fantastic walking locally and in the Sierra de Francia (all abilities). Wild flowers galore, depending on the season.
- Stroll round Sequeros itself - there are so many fascinating little corners - don't miss a visit to the exquisite 19th century theatre.
- Explore historic medieval towns and villages nearby - La Alberca, Miranda del Castanar, Mogorraz, Villanueva del Conde..
- Outdoor activities - horse riding, quads etc
- Go up to La Pena de Francia to see the black virgin at the monastery there and to take in the views.
- Venture into Las Batuecas where Bunuel shot his early masterpiece "Land Without Bread". Visit the Carmelite monastery there where he stayed.
- Visit the lovely old town of Cuidad Rodrigo, a crucial border in the Peninsula War. with its fine plaza mayor and grand mansions.
- Have a day out in the stunning city of Salamanca.
- Local culture and produce - the local jamon serrano from 'Guijuelo' is particularly good. Try the local cherry liqueur.
Salamanca is best accessed by flying to Madrid – the best options to Madrid are:
Heathrow with BA;
Gatwick with Easyjet;
Stansted with Ryanair;
Luton with Easyjet;
Manchester with Ryanair;
Bristol with Easyjet;
Edinburgh with Easyjet;
Dublin with Ryanair and Aer Lingus.
NB There are many connections with Madrid. Please call us for help and advice if you don’t see you nearest airport here.
Should you prefer to arrive by ferry there are regular sailings from Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander with Brittany Ferries.
Please ask us for advice on ferry crossings, timetables and flexible start dates to fit with the crossings.
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.
Reviews of this property
"We enjoyed our holiday very much! We have used Casas Cantabricas before and will do so again.I have found the CC staff very friendly and helpful and look forward to further holidays with you", 2007 Client)
"Brochure possibly undersold this property's situation:the views are not"lovely"-they are simply stunning.An excellent holiday:the ambience of the village,clear mountain air and water was a real stress-buster", 2004 Client
"Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves immersed in a real "spanish" experience in a beautiful area", 2004 Client