Casita Pitos Arriba , AsturiasFijuecas | Ref: CAN2 | Bedrooms: 2 | Sleeps: 4
Great value country cottage within easy reach of the coast.
Situated in the farming hamlet of Fijuecas in Asturias, in hills above a verdant valley, 12 km from Luarca, and just 3 km from Trevias with shops, restaurants and bars; it is a real rural community, but just a short drive from the coast, the nearest beach being the Playa de Cueva.
This is an excellent location for those wishing to combine country living with beach days.
Accommodation DescriptionUp 6 exterior steps to accommodation all on one level. Front door from patio to living room with newly fitted kitchen corner, passage, two bedrooms (1 double, 2 singles), shower room.
Automatic washing machine.TV. Central Heating.
Parking is in the courtyard, which is at the back/side of the houses.
View Full Details
|Peak||20 Jul - 31 Aug; 12th - 26 Apr (Easter)||£520|
|High||13 Jul - 19 Jul||£520|
|Mid||15 jun - 12 Jul; 1 - 13 Sep||£400|
|Low||1 Jan 2014 - 11 Apr; 27 Apr - 14 jun; 14 Sep -31 Dec||£380|
|Christmas and main public holidays are charged at mid or high season rates.|
This property has the following options
(NB 'short breaks' and 'small party' offers not available in high season)
Self Catering Holiday (min 7 nights)
Short break (4 to 6 nights)
The nearest beach is the Playa de Cueva (4km). It's a lovely spot, up from a pretty valley with a river running through it and with stunning views to the hills.
- Fantastic beaches for swimming and surfing - Playa La Cueva, the nearest.
- Fishing(with a licence) in the local river.
- Walking trails.
- Horse-riding in nearby Lamuno.
- Numerous small local museums and Celtic ruins at Coana
- Bird Watching.
- Narrow gauge FEVE railway along the coast.
- Visit Selgas Palace in Cudillero.
- Visit nearby picturesque fishing ports of Cudillero, Luarca, Puerto de Vega, Viavelez, Ortiguera..
- Explore inland - Paredes,where there are still local basket weavers and Malleza, known as "La Pequena Habana" and Taramundi, famous for its arts and crafts, particularly knives.
- Sightseeing and shopping in Aviles, Gijon and Oviedo.
- Venture into neighbouring Galicia at Ribadeo, especially lively when the Wednesday market is on.
- Feast on fish and seafood at the local restaurants.
Restaurant GuideDownload our restaurant guide for this area
The western part of Asturias is well served by air and sea:
Stansted to Asturias (near Avilés, at the heart of the region) with Easyjet;
Stansted, Dublin or Edinburgh to Santander with Ryanair;
NB Flights are not included but we can advise on routes and timetables
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a real possibility though you may need to consider stop-overs depending on sailing times (see our selection of hotels)
(Avilés is 2 hours from Santander)
Ferries: Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 5 sailings weekly.
We can include the ferry crossings as part of the package
If travelling by air we recommend renting a hire car to make the most out of your visit to the area. If you prefer to use public transport please consult our expert staff for advice on which properties are more suitable.
If coming on the ferry you will use your own vehicle - we recommend that you ensure that insurance and breakdown cover are in place. For full advice on how to prepare the vehicle etc see the Brittany Ferries website
In either case we will provide full instructions to arrive at your holiday accommodation, complete with GPS co-ordinates.